More options and defaults in model settings.

Related products: Software Factory

It would be nice, and could save a lot of time if it was possible to specify a few things in the model settings ( else it costs a lot of time clicking, or things become dirty if you forget ), and user preferences might be different;

1. Default filter visibility for domains ( I would say Never ).
  2. Default search visibility for domains ( I would say Never ).
  3. Default column type for views ( both at model and domain level, read only except ... )
  4. Default column type for tables ( both at model and domain level, editable except ... ).

I experience the current defaults as unsafe, as things you don’t want to show, show while you did not explicitly say that you want them to. If I want something to show, I have to go there and change the field order anyway, it could save a lot of time if I would not have to go to screens where I don’t want things to show. 

( I can update the domain settings with an update on the SF database, but it would be nice to have a number of additional settings at model level ).

Hey Daan,

For it being unsafe, I do not agree with that. By default, every column you add is not included in Roles and therefore not authorized; making it safe. Once you have either given Full rights to that table or specifically have stated the column is authorized, you have given users the ability to see the field.

When you develop with the Software Factory, we intend to add as much value as possible once you add columns, so by default you will see the column in the Grid, Form, Filter, Sort, and Search to name a few. This increases the amount op added function points very quickly and enables you to build an application with lots of added benefits.

Understandably, to be able to fine-tune that more to your wishes, extra settings would be beneficial for that. I'll open the idea to gather votes and see the interest in these settings.

NewOpen