Making Navigation Intuitive in Opened Thinkwise Document

Related products: Universal GUI

While observing some of our users navigate our Thinkwise application we noticed some interesting behavior. After they opened a document via the list bar menu, and executed some action on a detail tab of this document, they wanted to navigate back to the main of that document.

The first thing many of them tried was going to the menu and clicking on the opened tab of the openend document. When this does nothing they usually close the open document and retry clicking on the list bar menu item.

Apparently users may not instinctively consider using the top tabs to select the main tab of the document

Possible Solution

When a document is already active and a user selects the Open Tab for that document, the main of that document should open

Similar experience, especially with in-experienced users…  

In general the way of navigating a TW Application is somewhat a learning exercise, as it's not always that intuitive for first time users. 

I like this idea, but would see it as a setting..  to or navigate to main or to stay where you are when clicking on the open document.  As sometimes you want to quickly switch between open documents and don't want to lose the position you ar in.  

As sometimes you want to quickly switch between open documents and don't want to lose the position you ar in.  

Agreed, however how I think this should work is: 

First click on Open Tab should navigate back to the previously opened detail tab in that document. This allows for quick switching between documents. Just like it works now.

However, if you click on the Open Tab for the currently active document, I’d like it to navigate back to the main of this document. 

@HarryA almost 3 years ahead of you 😇

Updated idea statusNewMerged
Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.