Universal Edit in Grid

I would like to see we can enable edit in grid via de Universal. Now you have to or always be in edit mode (not wanted) or edit per row. Is this already on the backlog? 

Hi Freddy,

I am not sure what you are asking here.

In Universal it is not a single component which is editing, but the entire subject. You can play around with different combinations of auto-edit and auto-save to accomplish your needs. 

Can you clarify your question a little more?

Best regards,
Erik

Hi Freddy,

I am not sure what you are asking here.

In Universal it is not a single component which is editing, but the entire subject. You can play around with different combinations of auto-edit and auto-save to accomplish your needs. 

Can you clarify your question a little more?

Best regards,
Erik

Hi Erik.

The manual edit in grid (like in win gui).  Auto edit is not an option, because you can’t turn it of and while in edit mode details are non functional. 

Whether the detail subject remains available depends on the auto-save setting.

To simulate the behavior of the Windows GUI, turn auto-edit off and auto-save on. This way the user has to enable editmode manually and can keep editing records until he/she manually stops editing. 

Is that the option you are looking for?

Whether the detail subject remains available depends on the auto-save setting.

To simulate the behavior of the Windows GUI, turn auto-edit off and auto-save on. This way the user has to enable editmode manually and can keep editing records until he/she manually stops editing. 

Is that the option you are looking for?

Ah yes, a bit of a hidden feature.. but with auto-edit off and auto-save you can indeed navigate to the next record and keep editing. Thanks. Maybe you should add this to the documentation.

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/universal_intro#grid-edit-mode

NewClosed

Was this already there? Guess I need some glasses then.