Ability to hide Badge icons for users

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager Universal GUI

Context:
As a citizen developer, I want to be able to hide BADGE icons for certain users, so that it attract unnecessary attention. 

Menu with Badges

These badge icons are currently being shown to EVERYBODY who has rights on this menu item. But the BADGE icon is ONLY introduced for the roles Billing address validator and Payment detail validator in order to attract them to these unverified items.

Hi @Suleyman,

This can be easily achieved using different variants for these roles; one variant having Show badge on and one variant having it off and being assigned to the named roles. Both these variants can then be placed in the menu and using the existing available Menu role configuration, you can show or hide the menu item for specific roles.

We prefer not to be able to configure the visibility of a Badge inside the Roles. It might also would snowball into ideas wishing for the ability to configure the visibility of other features and components, and that is not the route we want to take.

Although, being able to hide a Badge using User preferences can be a possible solution. Would that be an approach you would advocate for?

In case yes, I will edit your idea to match this solution. Let me know 😄

NewNeeds feedback

Hi @Mark Jongeling , 
I am aware of using different Variants to reach this goal (we use this on 1 place), but when using this route we will get a lot of variants in no time, which require ‘double’ maintenance on its own. For example when adding a new column, this should be enabled, positioned on grid/form in each variant, which of course could be forgotten. 

I am also aware of being able to hide this for certain user groups via Badge Logic (code), but in this case -you need developers to develop/adjust some code to account for this issue
-and it becomes unclear which badge is visible/hidden for which user groups since its hidden in the code

Adding the ability to hide (a couple of) Badges in User Preferences would be nice! This is more aligned with other modern applications where you have influence on receiving notifications / what you get to see. By doing this, every user can decide whether it is valuable to see some of the badges. Requirement here would be that each individual active badge which normally is shown, becomes configurable via User preferences.

Needs feedbackOpen

I have rewritten the Idea  @Suleyman. If there is more information you would like to share, feel free to reply 😄 

@Mark Jongeling Since we only work with the Universal GUI, we don't have any experience with User Preferences in Thinkwise. So I am wondering: would it be configurable for Devs per Badge whether or not it can be enabled/disabled by the End user? 

Often we use the Badge as an indicator that someone has to do something, and we don't want them to be able to disable such a Badge...

@Arie V, the exact implementation is something we would have to think about first. I'm sure we'll go over these kinds of thoughts and discuss a possible solution that fits best. A mandatory/optional badge is something we can take into consideration. 

...as an indicator that someone has to do something

We are also planning to look into Workflow and Case management for the 2023.2 release. That may also be suited for this.