Cell based double-click in Grids instead of whole row in Universal

Related products: Software Factory Universal GUI Indicium Service Tier

Right now Universal grids support Double-Click in grids to start a task/process flow for a whole record/line.

In case we have multiple Tasks that are available to be executed for a row you cannot link the double-click of the row in the grid but we need a cell based assignment for the double-click.

We require that we have a double-click functionality cell based. Meaning a certain task/process flow can be linked to a cell and upon double-click the task takes the related parameters from the row it is in.

NewOpen

@mperrott I have been considering a similar Idea myself before, but am a bit worried that this might potentially be confusing to End Users. How to explain/highlight that a different Task will be executed when clicking column A versus column B on a Grid? 

I believe this Idea to show multiple Tasks on a Grid row would serve most of the needs I can imagine for our application at the moment. Or is there another great Use Case that I haven't thought of yet?

@Arie V ,

I saw this as a good opportunity in our Crew Planning where we are showing a grid of the Seafarers onBoard and the what is to be Planned Crew to be able to double click on the related column of the row that shows the process status of each Crew being planned.

E.g

Instead of using Action bar tasks in the Action bar for (P)lanning, (A)pproving and (C)onfirming a Crew I could easily just double click on the individual process and get the relevant process done.

Saves clicks on selecting crew in the grid then clicking on the Task in Action Bar. I could directly click on the specific row/column (P,A,C) and get the process rolling for the seafarer in question.

Hope this clears up the need of the Idea.

@mperrott What might help a bit is enable multiple Tasks as Grid double-click and use Context logic or Role rights to only have 1 available at the time, based on certain values in the record. That might work in your example, if a row would always first be Planned, then Approved and then Confirmed or if different users perform the different actions.

OpenOn the backlog

On the backlogPlanned for Universal GUI

PlannedWorking on it!

This feature is now available in the 2024.1.11 release of the Universal GUI.

Note: to configure a processflow to do this, you need platform version 2024.1 or higher.

Updated idea statusWorking on it!Completed