"Zip & Download" multiple uploaded files at once.

Related products: Windows GUI Universal GUI

Currently it is only possible to download one uploaded file at a time in the GUI's.

A user asked to create a "Button" to download selected documents (one or more lines with one or more fields with a FILE_UPLOAD control). I've been thinking how to do such a thing. My biggest problem is that a function that I could write has no access to the location where the actual uploaded documents reside.

But how cool would it be if the GUI "detects" file_upload control fields in a list (or form) and shows something like below to download all documents at once as a ZIP file?

Hi Henri,

This would be a great addition to the GUI.

I think it would be ok if files were to be renamed in the zip file due to duplicate names, or would you rather see a folder structure in the zip file?

How would this work when there are multiple file columns? Zip them all? File columns not visible to the user would probably have to be excluded.
@Anne Buit

I'd say files should remain unique and unchanged (but that should already be the case when uploading,to a "file location", due to a mechanisme in the GUI). Only when for some reason that is not the case one could either:

• Leave it a that and continue, updating an existing file in de Zip file
  • Rename it (adding some sort of marking, like Test_01.txt when Test.txt is already in the zipfile)

If a project uses and creates subdirectories, I'd probably keep that structure; on the other hand: what if there is some sort of confidentiality information in a directory name?

So maby making it configurable per field or upload control is an idea to leave it up to the developer of an application.

Can anyone tell me whether this can be expected in the GUI in the near future? 

Again a customer has asked for this functionality and again I'll have to tell them that it sounds like a great idea and leave it at that…

If we can forget this functionality in the GUI we have to look at alternative solutions to keep the customer satisfied…..

Hi Henri,

This is currently not planned for an upcoming release.

If this functionality is important to provide to your customers on short term, it is possible to build this functionality using a custom task.

Service & Care can help with this, please include information about the GUI's this custom task should support.

@Anne Buit 

I'll forward it to my collegues….. If they want custom code and don't worry about the costs we'll contact Service & Care… But I expect a refund or a reward for my Idea when it's built into the GUI in the “near” future….:grin: ​​​​​​:yum: .:grin: ​​​​​​:yum:.:grin: ​​​​​​:yum:

But I expect a refund or a reward for my Idea when it's built into the GUI in the “near” future….:grin: ​​​​​​:yum: .:grin: ​​​​​​:yum:.:grin: ​​​​​​:yum:

I'll make sure this feature request is moved to the bottom of the backlog :smile:

Hi,

Was this feature developed in Universal by any chance ? Is it planned ?

This feature is on the Universal backlog.

Note that implementing all functionality present in the Windows, Web and/or Mobile GUI for Universal generally has priority over new features such as these.

As soon as this processes of ‘catching-up’ is completed this feature will be planned. Community votes play a big role in the order that new features are implemented.