Select or model the columns to be shown in the print preview.

Related products: Windows GUI

Sometimes users want to be able to print the list. This could be done with the 'Print preview' option in the context menu of the list. This works great, because it prints only the filtered rows.

Unfortunately there is no possibility to select or to model the columns that should be printed.

It would be great if we don't need a report to print a simple list.
This is not exactly what I'm looking for. But, it could help if I could save the export definition for subsequent request 🙂

I prefer to model the columns in the grid (components) with a flag 'Print'. The print preview should only print these columns. A nice to have feature could be to define it once in the user preference.
If you always want to print the same columns you could make a variant of the list with the columns you need.

OR

You could use the export functionality to achieve this.

You can hit Export or even select the rows first you'd like to export and then it Export.

Then Hit Advanced Options

Is this what you were looking for?
This is not exactly what I'm looking for. But, it could help if I could save the export definition for subsequent request :-)

I prefer to model the columns in the grid (components) with a flag 'Print'. The print preview should only print these columns. A nice to have feature could be to define it once in the user preference.

So in this case a Variant on your Subject could help out, if you're always looking fort the same export definition.
So in this case a Variant on your Subject could help out, if you're always looking fort the same export definition.

If we could specify which variant should be used for the print or the export, then it would work. Otherwise I still have two/three menu options or table references for the same subject (display, print/export).

So in this case a Variant on your Subject could help out, if you're always looking fort the same export definition.If we could specify which variant should be used for the print or the export, then it would work. Otherwise I still have two/three menu options or table references for the same subject (display, print/export).

I think, for now, the best option is to make the variant, and put it in your menu; or make it a detail screen somewhere.
I think, for now, the best option is to make the variant, and put it in your menu; or make it a detail screen somewhere.

For now you're right! But it was not a question how we could achieve this.

It was an idea to make it even better🙂

Unfortunately, this idea has not received enough votes. Because we want to keep the focus on ideas that are in high demand in our Community, we are closing this idea.

Updated idea status Open → Closed