How this would work:
- you can specify a folder for each of your OTAP environments
- when syncing there is a dropdown with 4 options to select which environment you are syncing
- file locations are amended according to the selected environment
- variable Export locations
- changing certain parts of the code depending on the environment (now most of the time this is done hardcoded with something like: if @@servername = 'production' begin.
- disabling/enabling certain rights for a certain environment.
also if for some reason this is not feasible then a 'do not update file locations' button would be greatly appreciated. For those cases when you did not make any changes to icons, images or reports.