Default values in GUI functionality ‘import/update’

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI

In EVO, the application that we (Acto) develop with the SF, a multi-tenant solution is implemented. One database can be used by multiple companies and potentially with multiple administrations per company.

A user works on one active company and a corresponding administration. This information can be requested by a task. This data is hidden in all screens and automatically filled by default procedures.

The import and/or update of records doesn’t take account (not as default) of the company and administration data.

As a result: Look-ups within the import and/or update, where the company data is part of the primary key, aren’t shown correctly.

Preferred solution:

1. Don’t let the columns in import and/or update be dependent on the grid or form components, but specifically mark them (visible for import) for the import and/or update functionality.
  2. Provide default values for columns in the import and/or update functionality. (In this case the company / administration a user is working on)

Hi K.Bakkenes,

Your first suggestion is already on our backlog, but we haven't planned it yet.

As for the second feature: in the 2021.1 release of the Thinkwise Platform, scheduled for next month, we have implemented another one of your ideas: 

These default expressions are also used when importing, so that you can fill the company and administration fields automatically.

Hi Jasper,

that's really nice to hear. If I understand correctly the default expressions (for system_company_id and system_adminstration_id) will be executed during import/update and we will be able to use the system_company_id in a look-up selection (where system_company_id is part of the PK)?

I'm in doubt because a normal 'default constraint' on a table column is only filled when inserting (insert statement) or updating (update statement) a record. 

Kevin

If I understand correctly the default expressions (for system_company_id and system_adminstration_id) will be executed during import/update and we will be able to use the system_company_id in a look-up selection (where system_company_id is part of the PK)?

That is correct. This is already the case for default constant values and will be for default expressions defined in the model.