Add language(s) to GUI

Related products: Software Factory

At this moment (SF version 2018.3) quite a few languages are available to have the GUI presented in. By adding one or more BASE projects and including those languages in your project the GUI can be used by loads of international users (getting data in your tables presented in the users language is up to the developer).

Adding one of the GUI_TRANSLATIONS* base projects makes them available in the GUI. At this moment we have a request to add Polish as a GUI language. An option is to create my own base project and copy all the GUI related translation objects from one language to, let's say, PL-pl for Polish.

But as this is part of the Thinkwise set of projects (and I've seen this happen in the past, when I added Spanish before Thinkwise caught up with me), I'd rather have Thinkwise add another GUI_TRANSLATIONS project to the SF (as a Hotfix, preferably).

Perhaps others have different languages on a wishlist.

Hi Henry, in the latest platform version we provide a single base project containing all the languages and translations. Only translations for languages that are added to a project version's Application languages are copied from the base project.

If you provide us with the Polish translations we would be happy to include these, but keep in mind that we currently only maintain the English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish and (Brazilian) Portuguese translations for new and updated strings.
@Jasper

Thanks for the update. The project where we need Polish is still far from production ready and before that'll be the case, we probably will have get the latest SF (now 2018.3).

So I'll keep this in mind and when the time comes we'll have GUI objects translated in Polish and deliver the results to Thinkwise to add to the translation base project, no problem.

Thanks for now... 👍🏼
Sorry for breaking into this conversation but it seems the appropriate place to ask. After reading up on adding languages to the GUI how does one then actually add a language from the base project to the main project? We just enabled English in our product. All gui elements need a translation now and the auto translate does not seem to make proper versions (as in it merely converts underscores into spaces). Is there a task or another process to accomplish this?
Hi Roland, after adding the desired language to the project version's application languages you have to generate the definition (through the Creation screen) once to copy the translation objects from the base project to your project version.

Hi Jasper, that worked. Thank you!