Ability to set Extender settings dynamically

Related products: Software Factory

Currently some Extenders can be modelled in the SF (e.g. Maps and Resource scheduler). The resource_scheduler used to be a piece of custom code (DLL) in our case, but now we can use Extender modelling in the SF (after some serious help from Thinkwise).

Thing is, the custom code provided us with a Month or Year schedule, doing so by setting (amoungst others) the "Minimum date" and "Maximum date" in the Extender. The latter is, as far as we know, not possible when using the Extender modelling. It is either hardcoded (so of no use) in the SF or leave it blank.

It would be helpfull if in a project some settings to an Extenders properties could be done dynamically. And as soon as this becomes available a good piece of explanation or better examples would be great as well.

Hello Henri,

We will probably add two extra properties called 'Min days offset ' and 'Max days offset ' which you can fill with 14 and 28 respectively. In the GUI we will use these days which will be calculated dynamically with the current date and time.

We will also check if there are other properties who need the same treatment.

Kind Regards,

Roel
Henk,

I don't get your response. I mean: the properties I'm talking about are already available in the Extender (example minimum and maximum date for the scheduler). It is possible to set those values in de Extender, but that is of no use, because it should be calculated when the user opens the scheduler. Like in a DEFAULT procedure.

I don't think it is currently possible to add such code to ones project. Or am I missing something?
Henk,

Still my problem (or Idea) is not clear I fear.... Thing is, I got everything more or less working, using the Extender in de SF. But for one particular thing we use the scheduler as a "Month" schedule. Or actually, a schedule for the previous 2 weeks and the coming 4 weeks.

Using the Extender properties minimum and maximum date is exactly what I want to do here, but I don't think it's currently possible to do dynamically. I want to set the boundaries of the schedule in my application, because the view behind it is so damn slow (because of the complexity and huge amount of data to process).

Keeping the view limited to these 6 weeks is one thing, but if I can't set the boundaries of the schedulerer a user can browse further into the future or past, which results in the GUI doing another query on de database (which won't do any good as the view is limited to the mentioned 6 weeks).

All in all: I want to be able to set a property of the Extender from within my code (liky a layout procedure of default procedure, or any other way possible).
Roel,

Would be great... I think that's just what I need....

Thx.
Wouldn't this effort be better spent on actually adding those extender properties to the core model?

I'm asking this because the purpose of extender properties is to act as a buffer between features that are already available in front-ends, and what can actually be modeled in the SF (which has a different release cycle). In other words, extender properties are not meant to be permanent.
Ah, I think I misunderstood this as a general request for all extender properties.

I personally don't know much about scheduler extender properties and what they're for, but here's what I found out by inspecting the model and its associated code. It looks like the minimum and maximum date are hard global limits for all items of a scheduler, which is not always useful. It might be an idea to look at e.g. resize_appointment_task_id and double_click_time_cell_task_id extender properties. They define tasks to execute for specific events of the scheduler, and I think defaults on these tasks can be used to control start and end times.

Please don't hesitate to let me know whether or not this was helpful. If not I'll see if I can find an expert on the subject to give more useful advice.
Hi Henri,

The functionality is available since SF version 2019.1. Dynamic dates can be set within the extender properties:

Happy modeling!

Kind Regards,

Roel