Solved

move tabs down a level

• 14 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have created a pair of new tables in our model. 

they have have appeared in the gui but not quite in the desired place.

the tab [administratie_meetinstrument] should be here

meaning under monitoring & meting which itself is under the tab 'inrichting’

how could I move the tabs there?

[administratie_meetinstrument_schaal] should remain as a subtab to [administratie_meetinstrument] but i am assuming that wil happen automatically. is this a correct assumption?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 14 October 2020, 14:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

HI Chris,

You can 'move’ tabs by having them have references with the subject you want them to be detail at. In your case you say you want [administratie_meetinstrument] be part of the tab [Monitoring & Meting] between [Jeugdhulp] and [Report print log].

There are two scenario's (I think) depending on your data model and Screen types setup;

1. [Monitoring & Meting] is a Table/View

To make [administratie_meetinstrument] a detail of [Monitoring & Meting], you have to make a reference from [Monitoring & Meting] to [administratie_meetinstrument] (1 to many). That way [administratie_meetinstrument] becomes a detail of [Monitoring & Meting]. Then with the order no. in Links of the Subject [Monitoring & Meting], you can sort them correctly

1. [Monitoring & Meting] is a combined tabpage in the Screen type

It's possible to group Details inside a component tabpage. If that is the case, [administratie_meetinstrument] should have a reference with table/view [Inrichting]. If that is also a combined tabpage, then the only thing you have to do is go to Subjects → [your table/view] → Links and set the right value for Detail group for subject [administratie_meetinstrument] (probably something like [monitoring_meting])

Hopes this helps you further!

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi mark, thank you for the answer,

it was indeed the second case where [inrichting] was also a tab page, once I realized that meant I have to ‘bubble up’ one more level so to speak, to the first actual table, I got it all sorted.

Thanks again