Solved

Insert images as a record in a table with drag & drop

• 25 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

In our application we have a table bijlage that is linked to different subjects. This table contains a column bijlage in which the filename (including full path) is being stored.

Because inserting a new file is a lot of clicks, I would like to use drag & drop. I already saw the blog about inserting records with drag and drop, but I was not sure if this was applicable for files.

Do you have an example of how to implement this with files?

We are still using TSF 2018.3. Is this even possible with this version?

icon

Best answer by Edo Spijker 1 October 2020, 13:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Johan,

What do you want to do exactly? 
Because now it is already possible to drag files from your file system to a file upload control in a form.
Please note thay this is only possible when the form is in editmode.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello Edo,

Thank you for your reply.

This works in the web GUI. But the issue is that I also would like to have this functionality in the Windows GUI. Ideally I would like to have this functionality available for multiple files at once.

It would be great if I can drag & drop attachments from an e-mail directly to our Thinkwise application to save the attachments.

Multiple files will be a challenge because we have to provide more (mandatory) information in the table bijlage (link to other entities f.e.).

Any suggestions?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

A single file upload should also work in windows. What kind of filestorage and control type are you using?

As for multiple files; there isn't a way to do that right now. I would suggest that you create a idea so that other people can also vote on it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Edo,

We are using the file system on the LAN for file storage. Nothing fancy here. But I tried again to upload a file with drag and drop in the Windows GUI again and now I succeeded. I do not know why it failed the first time.