Howdy everyone! The past three weeks we've been working on the upload file control, compatibility with the 2019.2 Universal themes and conditional layouts and a config file to make deploying Universal much easier.
As always, we've made a demo for you: try it here. Before trying it out, press 'Clear Cache' on the login screen.
We'll keep you updated regularly about Universal's progress.
Like with every blog, we've released a beta build so you can test Universal out for yourself. Don't forget the documentation and be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Universal isn't actively tested on the internet browser Edge at the moment. Edge will be updated to use Chromium, which greatly changes the way it works under the hood. Once this is done, we will be testing on Edge too.
- Universal must be deployed on the same server as Indicium or it should be an allowed origin in appsettings.json.
- Universal only works with version 2019.1 and up of the Thinkwise Platform.
- Furthermore, make sure you run all hotfixes on the IAM and SF that you plan to use for Universal.
- Make sure you are on the latest version of Indicium Universal.
Upload file control
We now added the ability to upload files in Universal. It looks like this:
.json files need to be set as static content on the server.
It looks like this:
We provide the following options:
- defaultApplication: The id of the application that should be loaded, e.g.
- defaultPlatform: Whether to start Universal as Windows (0), Web (1), Mobile (2) or Universal (3)
- loginOptionsDisabled: Disables editing the login options
- serviceUrl: The URL where indicium can be found
SF 2019.2 themes and conditional layouts
Universal now supports the new SF 2019.2 Universal theme color settings and conditional layout settings. This enables you to set the theme colors and backplate, and the conditional layout settings separate for dark and light mode. It looks like this:
In the past three weeks we've added another
34 unit test cases to the components and inner workings of Universal. This brings us up to
1088 test cases in total.
Lots of minor fixes/tasks
- You can now select grid cells to copy its value.
- Clear cache button on login screen now properly resets the login options.
- Edit mode is no longer lost when you switch between documents.
- Made suggestion control's clear and chevron icons consistent with the other controls.
- Removed sidebar mini mode on touch devices.
- The dropdown menu's (e.g. application switcher) are now dark in dark mode.
- Show an error message when the item is no longer available for the action that the users want to perform.
- Implemented infrastructure to support tasks with parameters including lookups.
- Errors about missing reference columns are now handled more gracefully.
- The blurring of input fields on the login screen has been refactored.
What we'll be working on next sprint
We're working towards a version with all essential features. This includes:
- Navigation within screens
- Look up popups
A blog post with the planning for all essential features will follow shortly.
The next sprint we'll be working on the following things:
- Execute tasks with parameters from a subject: you'll get a popup with a form to input the parameters and be able to execute the task
- Improving working in details - we'll autofill the fields when adding or copying a record. For example: if you go from Projects to Subprojects and press add, we'll fill in the original project for you.
- Implementing an editable image upload control.
- We'll also squash some bugs and improve the performance even more.