Generation has been started

• 18 June 2020
  • 1 reply
Generation has been started
Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’m going to generate this project! 

Where are my program objects, oh, it’s generating….

Does this sound familiar?

In the 2020.2 release, we will introduce a cool new feature to send notification emails when generating a project. To receive these emails, an email address can be provided. Best practices will be to use a group email address to notify all team members working on the project.

Microsoft Teams offers an easy solution for group emails. Every channel within MS Teams has a unique email address which can be retrieved by right-clicking on the channel. This email address can be used to send the notifications emails to the channel. The notifications will pop up on the channel as follows:

Generation start and finish

The notification email will be sent at the start and finish of definition and source code generation. When generation is quick and finished before the start-email has been sent, this email won't be sent at all. It's no use to notify that a certain version was locked while it's unlocked in the meantime.

Cool right? There are a few steps to get this started. 

First, add the notification email settings to be able to send an email. 

Notification email settings in Configuration

Secondly, add an email address to the projects where notifications are desired. 

Notification email address in Project overview

And finally, make sure that the corresponding system flow is active in IAM and Indicium is running properly.

Send generation mail - Schedules

I hope that you will enjoy this new feature, have fun!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Awesome Ester, this is certainly going to help!