Solved

sending an auto generated Email by using SMTP connector

• 17 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

For my project I am trying to send an email as soon as the candidate saves his/her details in the form. I made process using the SMTP connector as per few suggestions via the community. However, the email is not auto generated. Below is my process flow. Initially I used “Activate detail” process action instead of the “Start task”. What needs to be changed in order to generate the email after the candidate saves the details in the form.

Process Flow

My input parameters

The variables have the details for the smtp connection to Zoho mails. 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 18 March 2022, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

...send an email as soon as the candidate saves saves his/her details in the form

If this is adding a new row, you can use the process action Add row as your starting process action. 

However, the email is not auto generated

What do you mean by this sentence? I can see that the setting From address is being filled by @smtp_server_port which cannot work. You'll have to input an email-address here. This could be something like noreply@community.com. As far as I remember, the From name is also needed to make the SMTP connector work but I'm not fully sure about that. Here you could input your company name for example or "Noreply”.

Are you also sure you do not need to input any Username or Password?; or is it that your SMTP server address has an authentication token inside it?

Best way to debug this is by either using the Process flow modeler inside the Windows GUI or by catching the status code returned by the SMTP connector process action and see which number gets returned. Anything else than 0 is not good. More on the SMTP connector here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/process_flows#smtp-connector

It is also quite difficult to see for me if there's anything wrong. The process flow looks good, but the input values for the SMTP connector most likely are the problem. Hope my reply can help you out!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply. The email auto generated  means the email is triggered after the data in the form is saved.
I have tried with username and password too, but it was not working. All the values are currently being input via the process variables. I will definitely cross check the connection details with my solution architect. 

These are the inputs that is being provided

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have also created a topic earlier using a SMTP connector to send a report. You can look over the way I have set it up, hope is helps!: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Mark!

I will follow the steps you have mentioned.