Skip to main content

@Yara Visser is actively working on a project that utilizes the form list and with the latest release of the U-GUI it's workable for this project (we needed the combos). However there is one performance thing, of which I am curious on how this can be improved. 

The form list uses a table, in which, you define your questions and answers. Whilst answers can be of different type a layout procedure has to be used to show the correct answer typed field. This is great of small form lists, but not for form lists that can have up to a 100 questions. I saw a test example of about 50 questions, which leads to 50 layout procedures to be fired. Can't we make this smarter? 

A typical call is 40-50ms ..  if I have 100 questions this will be 4-5s.. 

This is a typical scenario of multi-row execution. Can't there be just one call from U-GUI for all the relevant rows in the form list?

Any ideas on this @Arie V @Erik Brink @Vincent Doppenberg 

Hi Freddy,

First of all it is important that your web-server is configured to use HTTP2 and the protocol for doing network requests. This make that more requests can be processed at the same time. You can check this when you enable the "protocol” column in the Network tab of your browser Developer Tools.

It would indeed be a good idea to bundle those request more, although I am currious what the visual disadvantages are of firing them individual for users? Processing it in bundles might make the users wait even longer for showing the correct answers.

Be sure you use the latest Universal version. 2024.3.10 fires less requests around lookup dropdowns, which helps too.

Best regards,
Erik Brink

Hi Freddy,

First of all it is important that your web-server is configured to use HTTP2 and the protocol for doing network requests. This make that more requests can be processed at the same time. You can check this when you enable the "protocol” column in the Network tab of your browser Developer Tools.

It would indeed be a good idea to bundle those request more, although I am currious what the visual disadvantages are of firing them individual for users? Processing it in bundles might make the users wait even longer for showing the correct answers.

Be sure you use the latest Universal version. 2024.3.10 fires less requests around lookup dropdowns, which helps too.

Best regards,
Erik Brink

HI @Erik Brink ,

Yes we force HTTP2. And we are all up to date with platform and GUI. 

There appears to be some soft of caching, first time takes longer than subsequent loads. 

And, I see that that there is concurrent processing of the layout procedures. 

We'll follow up on performance, up till now it appears to be ok. 

Although here, with the bigger form lists one could think about infinite scrolling ideas where only the visible form list questions are loaded initially and with scrolling down they get loaded when necessary (scrolling down)..   Just to edge out the initial loading time.