Solved

Dev Express and Reporting service

• 15 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I would like to create a Dev Express report using the Reporting Service. Currently we are using Crystal Reports, which works fine using the Reporting Service, but I receive the ‘Het laden van het rapport is mislukt.’ - error when I try to create a Dev Express report. Is any additional action required to create a Dev Express report? The report itself contains a simple text field, I tried to create a report with and without a database connection.

Data from the rapport_queue:

id 114991
export_file_extension pdf
export_file_name test
export_file_path C:\Thinkwise\DEV2014\Testdata\webshop_obv\
report_file_spec C:\Thinkwise\DEV2014\Applicaties\cf_finas\4.59\Reports\report_devx_test.repx
report_status 3
report_message Het laden van het rapport is mislukt.
exporteren 1
geexporteerd 0
printen 0
geprint 0
printer_name NULL
no_of_copies 1
mailen 1
gemaild 0
e_mail NULL
mail_cc NULL
subject NULL
body NULL
profile NULL
mail_from NULL
mail_id NULL
printer_tray NULL
icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 15 April 2021, 13:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I can confirm, tested and working. Thanks :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

With which version of the DevExpress Report Designer did you build the report? The Reporting service might not be compatible with the latest available version of the DevExpress Report Designer. You can try the 1.30 version to see if that has effect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

A colleague of mine has tested it and the latest version of the Designer doesn’t cause any trouble for the Reporting service. He does note there should be a thinkwise.log file inside the Reporting service folder.

Could you see if the thinkwise.log file is there and open it to see if it can give us some valuable information?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

We are working with Dev Express 1.40 and Reporting Service 4.01. I think the problem is that we do not have the column report_type in our rapport_queue. Could that be the case? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think that is the case. According to the docs, the default value for report_type is CR and since you are using DevExpress reports that value now has to be TR. Adding that field and givingthe correct value should be the solution.