Solved

Accent insensitive search

• 5 October 2021
  • 3 replies

When I use the combined filter (search) functionality to filter a list of items, I would like to have the option to use an accent insensitive search. For example, when I want to find all items that contain the word “Citroën”, I want to be able to find those items by searching with the term “citroen”. Is there any way to enable this using the SF currently, and, if so, where do I find it? I would expect to find it in the subjects → data → search detail tab.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 5 October 2021, 18:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dries,

It depends how you changed the datatype. If you assigned a new domain to the Column, that will trigger a default procedure that (re)sets the "In combined filter” based on the value set in the Domain:

Default for this Domain - Not included in combined filter

If you changed the data type inside the Domain, then it shouldn't affect the value set in Subjects > Filter.

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for the reply. The IgnoreDiacritics property was already set to Yes, and the reason for the sensitivity to diacritics was that the field was, as you stated, a VARCHAR field. Interestingly, in the Subjects > Data > Filter tab, the box “In combined filter” was checked for this field; however, after changing the datatype to NVARCHAR in the data model, this field became unchecked, which had us puzzled for a while, because we did not expect this to happen. Is this intended behaviour, or would you like me to report this as a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dries,

You can use the Extended property IgnoreDiacritics for this, and giving the value 'Yes’. This does come with a little note, as the searchable field has to be a NVARCHAR field.

Whether the GUI should ignore diacritics when using the combined filter. Note that this setting is only supported for NVARCHAR (DB2: VARGRAPHIC, Oracle: NVARCHAR2) columns.

From: Extended properties · Thinkwise Docs (thinkwisesoftware.com)