Solved

TsfReportMailer returns value cannot be null (parameter name: address)

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I try to send an email via the TsfReport mailer using a smtp connection. This connection does not require a username and a password so I left those entries empty.

All other parameters I have created and filled with a value. However the task keeps giving the error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: address. 

I checked the documentation and I even added the parameter e_mail and the parameter email. (At the smtp section it is ‘email’ in the top section it is e_mail??

I also added the smtp_host variable. I have given all the variables a default value, so there is no code involved. 

Could security be an issue? If the smtp port is not open for that address, is this the error I’m getting back?

The stacktrace gives….

at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding)
   at Thinkwise.Shared.Mail.SMTPMailer.createMail()
   at Thinkwise.Shared.Mail.SMTPMailer.Send()
   at Thinkwise.Extensions.ReportMailer.TSFReportMailerBase.TrySendMail(FileInfo attachmentFileInfo, DataRow paramRow)
   at Thinkwise.Extensions.ReportMailer.TSFReportMailer.SaveReportAndTryMail(TSFController contextController, TSFReport report, IApplicationLogicConnection connection, DataRow paramRow, FileInfo fi, DataRow reportParameters, String exportFileSpec, TSFReportAction reportAction)
   at Thinkwise.Extensions.ReportMailer.TSFReportMailerBase.TrySaveReportAndMail(TSFController contextController, TSFReport report, IApplicationLogicConnection connection, DataRow paramRow)
   at Thinkwise.Extensions.ReportMailer.TSFReportMailer.Thinkwise.Shared.ITaskReportExecuter.Execute(TSFController contextController, TSFTaskReportBase taskReport, IApplicationLogicConnection connection, DataRow paramRow)
   at Thinkwise.TSFComponents.TaskReport.TaskInvocation.EndInvoke()
   at Thinkwise.Shared.AsyncUtils.<>c__DisplayClass1_1.<Invoke>b__0(Object x)
   at Thinkwise.Shared.AsyncUtils.Invoke(SynchronizationContext sc, Action action)

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 30 June 2020, 12:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Edwin,

Seems like your SMTP server configuration is not correct or not found. In particular the host/address. `smtp_host`is the correct parameter name to use and falls back to the extender settings `smtpserver` when not given.

You could enable some extra logging by adding these ini file parameters, to investigate the settings:
executionmode=developer
logtofile=yes
csvlogging=yes

Also create a Logs directory in the root of the GUI directory with rights to write to it for the process/pool user.

I hope this helps you to resolve the problem.

Regards, Erik