Solved

How do you end a Group label?

• 11 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

For Grid and Form within Subjects you can group columns by checking Next group of the first column and providing a Group label. All columns that follow are also grouped under this Group label, but how do you end a Group?

PS I've noticed that a Read-only column will not be grouped under previous labels (even if I want to), but there is not always a Read-only column available for ending a group.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 11 December 2020, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Roy,

You can end group by starting a new group. Since the label is not mandatory, you can start a new group and leave the label empty. In the Grid, a new line won't appear until you add a label to the group. 

Hidden fields will break the group too but you don't have to create hidden columns to break groups (luckily :wink: ). Be sure to check this when a group doesn't appear like you intend. Disable the prefilter 'Possibily visible’ to see the hidden columns.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks Mark,

Good to know, but where can I disable that prefilter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In Subjects → [table] → Components → Grid / Form → Right click and see the Prefilter menu. There you find the prefilters ou can turn off. It is also possible though the top bar of the Software Factory when you are inside the Grid/Form.

This prefilter hides Hidden columns (Hidden in Columns/Data model)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Additional: these prefilters are not only present in the ‘Grid’ tab page, but also in some other tab pages that can be found under ‘Subjects’. In the upcoming 2021.2 version of the Software Factory we will show these ‘Possibly visible/editable’ prefilters as buttons in the screens, for tables and variants. That way you will notice more quickly that certain information is not shown by default.