Solved

Excluded menus

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

In the Software Factory (2020.1) I cannot remove a Platform under Project overview > Platforms. It keeps referring to ‘Excluded menus’. But where can I find ‘Excluded menus’? I cannot find it in the Full model and have no clue where to look. (What is an Excluded menu actually?)

The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "ref_platform_platform_excluded_menu". The conflict occurred in database "SOFTWARE_FACTORY", table "dbo.platform_excluded_menu".

icon

Best answer by Jeroen van den Belt 8 July 2020, 16:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello René,

The message refers to the ‘Menus’ tabpage which you can find under the platforms:

This tabpage is actually a view. As long as all menus are checked, no records are present in the underlying table ‘platform_excluded_menu’. However, when a menu is unchecked, an instead of trigger will make sure that a record will be inserted in this table.

If the last scenario is the case, it will not be possible to remove the platform with the delete-button, because of the referential constraint between the platform and excluded menu table. A child record is then still present, preventing the platform from being deleted.

A task should be present on this screen so you can delete the platform after all, despite the presence of the child record. This is a known situation, which we would like to fix in the present future, so you don't have to go through the trouble of reporting it again.

For now: when you want to delete a platform, first make sure that all menus are checked.

We'll keep you posted!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi René,

As promised, we would keep you posted on this topic. A delete task is added to the platform screen in the 2021.1 version of the SF. It no longer matters if there are underlying excluded menus or not.

Hope to have informed you enough.

Jeroen