Create alerts for the End-user

• 15 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

What options are there for triggering alert for the end users, perhaps based on groups? 

I have an app with several user groups, and I want them to have two things; 

1. an in-app overview page of all items due. (for example, invoice that need to be paid, or orders that need to be closed). 
  2. I want them to receive an email every morning at 0700 with all these items.

I can’t find anything in SF of the documentation. 

I thought of making an Table Variant and filter on the date field. (if invoice_due_date = tomorrow..) but I wonder if this is the best. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Kind regards,

Alex 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Alex,

In IAM it's possible to run a Task (but also Report, Process or open a table) upon opening the application for specific User Groups. For example, in the project I'm working on we have a stored procedure that tells the user if they are not using the latest Windows GUI. The Task will open an input screen, just like when you would select a task in the application.

User groups > User group preferences > Start objects

This way you could show anything you would like, although being limited to a few form fields. But together with a process flow, it could be useful for navigating to the 'in-app overview page of all items due’ for example.

Hope this gives some ideas!

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling