Solved

Open a popup screen over the resource scheduler

• 18 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all,

Been fighting the resource scheduler now for a few days on the Web gui. Not all going as smooth as I hoped it to be. 

Current issue is: 

I have a resource scheduler that displays a few rows. I want to create a Task button that opens another table as a popup.

Is this possible on web from the resource scheduler? I can’t get it running… 

Alternative: I could try a workaround with a popup screen type, but same same, I can’t get this running in the resource scheduler. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Thnx! 

Alex

icon

Best answer by Blommetje 25 August 2020, 09:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Blommetje,

Do you want the pop-up to open an arbitrary table or should it somehow be related to whatever is currently selected in the scheduler?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Anne, 

in the meantime I did get this working. I have created a Task. When clicked, it opens a specified table (always the same table), and it sets some vars. All ok for now. 

The current issue - ran into it last night - is that this works well on my windows app gui, but the pop-up fails in the Web gui. Here the task IS started - it takes a few secs and then the popup is opened as a second tab (next to the starting point). 

This makes me feel that popup are not supported in the web gui. 

Any thoughts on this specific problem? 

Cause if that is case, my whole workflow for the users needs to be a bit different. Or should it work, and did I mess up? 

Thanks! 

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Blommetje,

Floating documents are not supported in the Web GUI at the moment. If you use the open-document process action with the floating-setting enabled, this will result in a regular MDI document tab in the Web GUI.

I hope this clears things up.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Anne,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Was this explained in the manual and did I overlook it? Cause we only work for the web gui, and I get the feeling some things are not supported. A list of all not-supported features would be much appreciated! Is there such a list? 

Alex 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Alex,

An overview of supported features in the different user interfaces is available in the Thinkwise Community Portal: Software > Feature Matrix.