release notes

Thinkwise Platform Release 2021.2

Related products: Software Factory Intelligent Application Manager
Thinkwise Platform Release 2021.2

We are all very excited to announce version 2021.2 of the Thinkwise Platform.

Our highlighted feature for this release is multi-tenancy in IAM. By implementing multi-tenancy, multiple customers will be able to work in the same IAM instance. The feature will make it possible to designate users and user groups to a tenant, thereby providing those users with a completely separate environment within IAM. This eliminates the need to provide each customer with their own IAM instance as they can now safely work under their own tenant in one IAM instance.

Multi-tenancy in IAM

Of course this is not all that is included in this release. Version 2021.2 brings many new features and changes. For a comprehensive overview, please check out the Release notes. Some other highlights of this release include:

The Thinkwise Platform 2021.2 is available for download in TCP now!

Coming soon

A few components of this release still need a bit more time before we can release them. These are:

• OAuth connector for the Windows GUI
  • TSF_msg location debug in Indicium
  • Time and datetime short in the Universal GUI

Rest assured that we are doing everything we can to bring these to you as soon as possible. We will keep you updated!

Update regarding Thinkwise Platform release events

As part of our roadmap for 2021 and on, our focus will shift from releasing a few large releases each year to making smaller but more frequent releases. Because organizing a release event for each of these releases would be impractical and would take a large amount of your time to attend, we are instead aiming to hold one event every year. Unfortunately, that means there will be no event for the release of the Thinkwise Platform 2021.2. We will of course keep everyone up to date on when the next release event will be held. We hope to see you at our first annual event!

@Peter Verwijs On the change regarding File storage extension whitelist moved: I earlier understood from @Anne Buit that the use of whitelisting will be useful for GUI support to users: https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/input.html#attr-input-accept

In that case it would really help us to have a complete list of file extensions supported by the Preview component, as a good starting point for setting up our whitelist. Could the whitelist documentation and/or the preview documentation be updated with (a reference to) the full list of supported file extensions?

Hello Arie,

Thank you for your suggestion. As you can see we have already included a list of the most common extensions in our previewer documentation, but I can check if it would be possible to add a few more commonly used ones.

In truth, listing out all supported file types would just end up being a massive list of file extensions and would probably not be of much use to anyone.

Instead I would suggest you take into account what the field you are using the previewer for is trying to accomplish. When designing the form you probably already have a good idea of which type of file you are going to receive. You can use that to set up the initial whitelist and let users provide feedback on which file types they would like to see whitelisted.

The main point of having a whitelist is more to filter out any files that are clearly not fit for purpose (e.g. uploading an xml file to an image field).

I hope this was helpful. If you have any other suggestions or ideas then we would welcome them in the Ideas section of the community.

Hi @Peter Verwijs,

I particularly miss information about both Document Type support and Audio/Video type support. I am not a fan of having to figure out myself what works and what doesn't if there is no doubt some sort of logic or list based on which your Preview component is developed. I don't mind if you would refer to an external comprehensive list in your documentation if you wish to keep your documentation concise, although I prefer comprehensive documentation from suppliers.

My users don't think in (non-standard) file extensions, until they encounter an unexpected error. The ‘beep’ system of end users telling me about unexpected restrictions in a Production environment is also not to my liking.