Universal Action Bar should always be contained within the defined container

Related products: Universal GUI

We have been playing around with the Universal GUI and we find it more and more limiting that the action bar doesn't play by the rules of the screen containers. The action bar always covers the whole width of the screen and if you want a list on the left and details on the right it becomes very confusing for the user, because you end up with 2 actions bars one under the other. It shouldn't be to hard to make it follow the screen containers you define. 

The first screenshot only has a container for the detail and the action bar is contained by it. 

The second should follow the same principle, the action bar(s) should be contained by the containers they've been put in. 

Updated idea statusNewOpen

@Mark Jongeling @Erik Brink Will this Idea be solved with the planned functionality for the current Universal GUI sprint?

Toolbar positioning improvements

The toolbar can sometimes appear above a list instead the details or vice versa. We will improve the positioning related to the screen type.

@Mark Jongeling @Erik Brink Will this Idea be solved with the planned functionality for the current Universal GUI sprint?

Toolbar positioning improvements

The toolbar can sometimes appear above a list instead the details or vice versa. We will improve the positioning related to the screen type.

Well, the Release notes of tomorrow will reveal the answer 😉 but I can safely say, yes

Before:

Before, Toolbar above details

After:

After, Toolbar contained

*The Toolbar is the bar on top of your screen where bars such as the Search bar and Action bar are placed.

OpenCompleted

Changed status to Partially completed as not all configurations are covered yet.

@Jasper  Don't know if you guys noticed, but since the last two versions of the U-GUI this change seems to got removed. 

Hi @Freddy, I've validated this change is still in Universal. Looks like something is going wrong here. Can you create a ticket and include images of the screen type and of the end result?

Hi @Freddy, I've validated this change is still in Universal. Looks like something is going wrong here. Can you create a ticket and include images of the screen type and of the end result?

Hi @Tim de Lang . I am reading that as per next U-GUI you can position the taskbar via a screen-component. Wouldn't this solve my issue?  

Hi @Freddy, this would indeed enable you to model exactly what you want. If you think you've encountered an issue we'd still love a ticket with reproduction steps of course.

Hi @Freddy, this would indeed enable you to model exactly what you want. If you think you've encountered an issue we'd still love a ticket with reproduction steps of course.

Let me await the latest U-GUI, I read it would be released today and see if it is resolved.. I have more screens collations that don't behave like expected, which I presume will all function well if I can model de action-bar in the screen definition. 

Partially completedCompleted