Support for more file storage providers like OneDrive and Google Drive

Related products: Software Factory Indicium Service Tier

As there are a few bigger online workspace providers out there it would be great if Thinkwise would support these out of the box. Primarily we are missing OneDrive support for companies that use Microsoft 365 and Google Drive support for companies that use Google Workspace. 

NewOpen

Hi Mark,

Is it now possible to connect to OneDrive from Thinkwise? 

If yes, can you please guide how that can be achieved?

Thanks,

Rucha 

Is it now possible to connect to OneDrive from Thinkwise? 

Not sure, I haven't done this before. Other Community members have I believe but not sure where it was said before.

OneDrive takes a central folder and synchronizes this with the Cloud, so you could set-up a single Disk folder to be the OneDrive folder, then write to that Disk folder using Indicium. Synchronization would then be done by the server OneDrive runs on.

So it's more of a mirror at that point but a real OneDrive file storage location is not possible yet, hence this idea. Deleting files from OneDrive and therefore the folder will result in paths/files in your application pointing to a non-existing file.

Hi Rucha,

We've planned some investigation on this topic for the next month by using the MS Graph API . 
Maybe the links below can be useful for you as well:

favicon.icoAccess OneDrive and SharePoint via Microsoft Graph API - OneDrive dev center

favicon.icoMicrosoft Graph SDK overview - Microsoft Graph

favicon.icoMicrosoft OneDrive Dev Center | APIs and app development

favicon.icoOneDrive file storage API overview - Microsoft Graph

Best regards,
Bart

Thanks for your quick response Mark. :)

If we want to download JSON files from OneDrive location to Thinkwise application, is it also possible?

Thanks for your quick response Mark. :)

If we want to download JSON files from OneDrive location to Thinkwise application, is it also possible?

No problem, that should be easily done using the Graph API as Bart just shared. The JSON files should be retrievable by a given URL and the response can be obtained and processed. In the coming 2024.2 we will have an enhanced version of the HTTP connector that will certainly makes this integration easier.

Thanks Mark and Bart,

Can the same be done with Google drive as well?

Thanks,

Rucha Naik

I think so yes: Google Drive API overview  |  Google for Developers

I think so yes: Google Drive API overview  |  Google for Developers

But let's not forget the idea here, the storage providers functionality has the ability to change the provider per instance, tenant..  all the options discussed here so far require that you custom make the integration and thus then have to custom make the variation as well, thus recreating something that already exists as a platform function. 

I really think in this case the flexible storage option is to be used more by adding the bigger providers by default via the platform and not having to build a similar solution, which never will be as powerful, as the modelled option cannot be overridden. 

Please vote 🙂!