Increase the zone size in which you can modify the width/height of neighbouring screens

Related products: Windows GUI

It is possible to have multiple screens next to each other in the tsf, e.g. to display the Roles screen next to the Runtime configurations screen. When I want to increase the size of the Roles screen and consequently shrink the Runtime config screen, the bar that allows me to do this is 1 pixel in width/height. This makes it hard to get a hold of the bar. I think it would be a quality of life upgrade if this bar would become wider, like the bar that separates two details for example, as this makes it much easier to modify the width of neighbouring screens.

Hi Dries,

The GUI knows multiple docking spots, which one are you using? The one with the dot under is the one I recommend. The far-right option does have a very small slider:

GUI docking possibilities

When using that particular docking option, the bar-width is equal to the grey area shown:

Slider
In action

Is this slider too thin currently? If so, how much increase do you think would be sufficient?

Updated idea status NewNeeds feedback

Hi Mark, thanks for your quick response!

I am using the far right option. To be honest, I have never used your suggested docking point before, as I have only been using tsf for about two months, but I think that would solve the problem, so thank you for the suggestion. I do still believe it is odd, and unnecessary from a user viewpoint, for the far right slider to be so thin; do you know if there is a good reason for this?

That is probably due to it being a sidebar, similar to the list/tree menu sidebar. For these components the slider is about half the width than the "normal” slider.

OpenClosed