Editing roles from model rights

Related products: Software Factory

I would like to be able to edit rights on an easier manner.

Lets give the situation of an application which exists for a while (lets say 2 years). 
Alot of roles are already defined and i need to add a column to a table.

This table i used in 20 roles. In model rights i have the ability to see that the table is used in these 20 roles but i do not have the ability to edit these roles from my search. Instead i have to copy every role one by one to the Roles screen to edit the table. 

I would love to able to just mass update some role which contain the table and update them to give acces to the new column all at once.

Hi Maarten,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but Mass update functionality is available for the Model rights screen inside the Software Factory.

Mass update column rights

Besides that, it is not really a best practise for a table to be granted in 20 roles. Roles should be small and consise. Some blogs about that here: 

Hi Mark,

Im aware of this functionality. However, if i am in the context of a table i see all the roles that have table X. But when i go a level deeper to column i am not in that context anymore. And from the table context i cant just update de roles saying give column y read rights.

And it might not be best practice but it does happen. and it might not be 20 roles but if its 4 or 5 it would already be quicker than going to the roles table 1 by 1.

NewOpen

Idea focuses on the ability to set child object rights in the context of a parent object. E.g., 10 roles have TableA read-only, all these roles should have new ColumnA read-only.