Default to Main tab when clicking Menu-item of an already Open Document

Related products: Universal GUI

One of the great features of the Thinkwise low-code platform in terms of development speed, is also one of the most annoying features from an end user perspective: the concept of Detail Tabs for related tables. It is very challenging to keep the UI clean and understandable when getting more and more related tables. We often have to revert to Views which combine a few tables in order to improve the user experience.

Today, one of our users came with a simple, yet effective solution to reduce the end-user feeling of being lost in the jungle of Detail Tabs: whenever you click on a menu-item of an already Open Document the GUI should automatically go to the Main tab of that menu-item, instead of bringing the user back to the Detail Tab of the Detail Tab the user worked in last...

NOTE: when clicking on the Open Document itself, I would expect to stay in the Detail Tab, but whenever I try to open the document again from the regular menu and I don’t have a Detail Tab in Add/Edit mode, the GUI must assume I’m done there and wish to start from the Main again. I noticed it doesn’t work like this now in either Windows or Universal GUI.

Do you like it? Please vote!

Updated idea status NewOpen
The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.