Conditional layout condition based on query

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI Indicium Service Tier

Wouldn't it be nice to have the ability to create conditional layouts based on self-written queries? Now you are forced to add expression fields with conditions and use them. 

Condition based on query

Updated idea statusNewOpen

Is there a update on this idea? 

After careful consideration we have decided to close this idea, as it has limited added functional value compared to using expression fields.

OpenClosed

After careful consideration we have decided to close this idea, as it has limited added functional value compared to using expression fields.

Too bad, it would have made life a bit more easy and more consequent.

I prefer not to pollute my data model with expression fields, especially when that expression fields sole purpose would be for a conditional layout. To me it makes more sense to place this expression in the conditional layout instead of the table. 

I prefer not to pollute my data model with expression fields, especially when that expression fields sole purpose would be for a conditional layout. To me it makes more sense to place this expression in the conditional layout instead of the table. 

Even better would it be if expression fields (the code) would move to functionality and you can then link the result to a expression field on a table or to a conditional layout.  

There would be many benefits.. including using TVF's. to populate 2 expression fields..

@Mark Jongeling is thinkwise exploring these types of improvements?  Even for maintainability of code this would be better. you can review expressions.. et cetera..  

Hey @Freddy,

We're always open for ideas certainly. We are continuously improving the platform in all aspects. Moving expressions and calculated fields to Functionality is something I never thought of to be honest. 

In regards to being able to review expression fields, or any code, we want to move towards a Pull request style merge session where you can review all the actions with preferably live updates/data. As you can imagine, it's not as easy as adding a checkbox with Approved.

On the 18th of April during the Developer event, Jasper will share the Roadmap and tell you all about the upcoming additions to the platform. Universal GUI is reaching its feature parity and we are closing in on bringing everyone new awesome features.

Hey @Freddy,

We're always open for ideas certainly. We are continuously improving the platform in all aspects. Moving expressions and calculated fields to Functionality is something I never thought of to be honest. 

In regards to being able to review expression fields, or any code, we want to move towards a Pull request style merge session where you can review all the actions with preferably live updates/data. As you can imagine, it's not as easy as adding a checkbox with Approved.

On the 18th of April during the Developer event, Jasper will share the Roadmap and tell you all about the upcoming additions to the platform. Universal GUI is reaching its feature parity and we are closing in on bringing everyone new awesome features.

Well I hope then that the event will be recorded, I will not be in the Netherlands on that day.