Automatically expand validation errors

Related products: Software Factory

After validating definitions a usual result will be:

Before continuing, I always want to be sure that any errors are insignificant (such as Control procedure is in development). Currently I would have to manually select the erroneous validation groups to see if it needs immediate attention or not.

It would be nice if it was possible to automatically expand all erroneous validation groups to at least the next level.

Hey Roy,

I understand that it is handy if we could do that but the tree view component does not distinguish rows from each other. We are only able to expand 1 complete level for example and not only for a certain group. We do have the prefilters available that lets you see only the errors for example.

As alternative, you can create a new project version of the base table VALIDATIONS and change the severity of the validations that you deem irrelevant. This new base table project version you can then connect to your trunk/branch project version in Project overview → Project version → Base tables

Control procedures that are in development might contain debug code, mistakes and other dangerous code that shouldn't end up in a deploy package for example, hence it's high severity.

Would this suffice?

Updated idea status NewNeeds feedback

Thanks Mark,

Very useful answer.

But I would have expected that selecting a specific row within a treeview would be possible. Reason for this is that you can indicate the behavior of a subject under treeview 

And since it is possible to have select specific rows from a process flow (triggered by the validation task), there would also be an option for expanding such a row, or if the selected row was on a lower level, automatically expand to that level for that specific record.

Does this also mean that selecting a specific record from a process flow does not work for treeviews?

It is possible to select a specific row using the Go to row process action, but only expanding the tree view while not changing the user's selected row list not possible. Meaning if there's an error, the focus will then have to be set on that specific row to expand it, and it is possible to have multiple error validations though.

Only expanding certain groups is currently not possible in a Grid. We do have a tree view menu where we are able to expand certain groups, so maybe the Grid tree view shares the same properties but they are currently not available to be set in the Software Factory.

Would your Idea be solved if we would be able to support expanding certain tree view groups? 

Hi Mark,

Not sure what your idea is for "certain tree view groups". Can you explain this idea some more, maybe with an example?

Hi Roy,

With certain I meant that the developer has a way to expand some tree view groups and keep other groups collapsed. That way it would be possible to expand (open) the group 'Error’ but keep the groups 'Warning’, 'Info’ and others collapsed (closed).

Updated idea status Needs feedbackOpen

Thanks for the explanation. This would certainly be advantages.

Unfortunately, this idea has not received enough votes. Because we want to keep the focus on ideas that are in high demand in our Thinkwise Community, we are closing this idea.

Updated idea statusOpenClosed