Runtime Translation reports from parameter

Related products: Software Factory Indicium Service Tier

Reports can be translated into external tools such as Inet reporting. However, the translation cannot be passed as a parameter. In our case, the parameter locale (which is needed) is automatically passed as promptlocale.
Translations in the sf are about the translations of the screens within the application, not within the reports. therefore concerns the control from thinkwise to provide a report in several languages without making an extra report and control via the default procedure.

For example a report (debug from software factory) : 

URL:        http://sql007:9000/
Filename:    i:/i_net_reporting/dms/pick_list_report.rpt
Datasource:    BAS_DMS_Work
Database:    BAS_DMS_WORK
Host:        sql007
Instance:    
Parameters:
    @subsidiary_id = 1
    @pick_order_id = 11081
    @logo_selection = BTC
    @locale = nl_NL
    @pick_order_type = 10
User:        

Complete URL:     http://sql007:9000/?report=file:i:/i_net_reporting/dms/pick_list_report.rpt&datasource=BAS_DMS_Work&host=sql007&database=BAS_DMS_WORK&promptsubsidiary_id=1&promptpick_order_id=11081&promptlogo_selection=BTC&promptlocale=nl_NL&promptpick_order_type=10&user=&password=*****

Report needs to translate report into dutch and send from thinkwise software factory parameter locale as url, same as user and database  

report=file:i:/i_net_reporting/dms/pick_list_report.rpt&datasource=BAS_DMS_Work&host=sql007&database=BAS_DMS_WORK&promptsubsidiary_id=1&promptpick_order_id=11081&promptlogo_selection=BTC&locale=nl_NL&promptpick_order_type=10&user=&password=*****

Hi Peter,

Could this topic help out?: 

NewNeeds feedback

Dear Mark,

The report fields and translations are declared in the reporting files of I-net reports. The solution translated labels in reports doesn't work in our case. We need to have a report parameter (we called locale) with is not translate to prompt(parameter) in the runtime dll of thinkwise to tell I-net what language is needed for the customer / company. 

Kind regards,

Peter Bongers

Needs feedbackUnder review

Under reviewOpen