Word wrap multiline in Cardlist (repsonsive)

Related products: Software Factory

When using a Cardlist the columns are not responsive. Example if you have a description of a product of say 70 characters and you use a small size screen that you would want the descrption to be displayed over two lines. Now the last characters are not visible.

Now it’s not responsive

Possible solution is to add checkbox column in the tab cardlist Word wrap ..

I see now that here is a similar idea https://community.thinkwisesoftware.com/ideas/option-to-have-responsive-field-height-in-sf-2789 but there is not mentioned this should also be available for Card list. I’ll add reply there. This idea can be marked as duplicate

Yes, good idea! 

Updated idea statusNewOpen

We'll open the idea and decide not to merge it with the other idea as responsive field height for the Cardlist and/or Grid is a different implementation from responsive field height in Form.

@Mark Jongeling what is the status on this?  It's really starting to get annoying in the Universal that text is getting cut off instead of wrapped. And there are simple solutions at hand: 

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_word-wrap.asp

@Freddy Currently the status of this is that it is an open idea on the community with 3 votes. It does have a backlog item that needs to be research for UI/UX. You claim this is very simple and it might very well be, but there are still decisions to be made. If the text word wraps, does automatically mean the cards have to become responsive? Thus potentially all the cards in a cardlist have a different height? Or should the text still be clipped, but then horizontally when a max-height has been reached?

@Freddy Currently the status of this is that it is an open idea on the community with 3 votes. It does have a backlog item that needs to be research for UI/UX. You claim this is very simple and it might very well be, but there are still decisions to be made. If the text word wraps, does automatically mean the cards have to become responsive? Thus potentially all the cards in a cardlist have a different height? Or should the text still be clipped, but then horizontally when a max-height has been reached?

Hi @Sebastiaan Meijerink of course I know nothing is simple in this case… the point is I don't understand this in an ‘IDEA’..  it's a bug in my humble opinion..  your not showing what is in the database and that cannot be correct. That things have implications for sure and that should be functionally addressed. So if you would ask me everything should be word-wrapped so you can always see what is there. If this for example creates an unreadable screen then you have to look at it functionally.  Or if you don't want to word-wrap it should have an action button to open it up (like in the form).

@Freddy Lets say everything is word wrapped. That will mean that grid rows, cardlist items, menu items will all vary in height. So that is definitely not on the table.

But if you feel that this is actually a bug, than you should report it as a bug. Right now here on this page it is a community idea.

@Freddy Lets say everything is word wrapped. That will mean that grid rows, cardlist items, menu items will all vary in height. So that is definitely not on the table.

But if you feel that this is actually a bug, than you should report it as a bug. Right now here on this page it is a community idea.

Ok. Understood but we were talking about cardlist items… 

Can you say when the backlog item is on the planning? Or on its position on the backlog?

Because going on the answers you don't see it as a bug (multi-line that doesn't show multi-line on a cardlist)..  I wonder if it's worth the effort to report it as a bug. 

We need this :)