Add description field of the reference on the reference popup in the SF

Related products: Software Factory

The references in the SF contain a field to save a description. I would like to see that description onto the reference popup in the data modeler, so people are encouraged to enter a little description for the reference. 

And i would like to see the description field to be mandatory when you differ from the default settings in the Integrity section of the popup. So you consider why you are enable or disable a feature (such as the integrity Check).

I don't know if this idea will be implemented, but you could create a Validation in your project to check this.

I don't know if this idea will be implemented, but you could create a Validation in your project to check this.

I can see why the extra's would not be implemented, but the description field would be a useful addition to the model to describe what a reference does/what it is for. The data model of the SF supports the field already, its just not available within the popup in the data-modeler.

Hi @Michael,

To improve usability and solve some inconsistencies, we added a 'Description' field or task parameter to several places. This will solve your idea, among other things.

This will be available for in the 2024.1 release, which is expected in the beginning of 2024. Hope this helps!

• To provide a clear understanding of the purpose of a variant, we added a 'Description' field to the following screens:
    • User interface > Subjects > Variants
    • Processes > Tasks > Variants
    • Processes > Reports > Variants
  • To be able to provide a description while creating a variant, we added a 'Description' parameter to the following tasks:
    • User interface > Subjects > Create table variant
    • Processes > Tasks > Create task variant
    • Processes > Reports > Create report variant
  • To provide a clear understanding of the purpose of a look-up reference, we added a 'Description' field to the following screens:
    • Processes > Tasks > Task look-ups
    • Processes > Reports > Report look-ups
  • To be able to provide a description while creating or modifying a reference, we added a 'Description' parameter to the following tasks:

• Data > Data model > References > Create reference
    • Data > Data model > References > Modify reference
    • Data > Data model > Tables > References (details) > Create detail reference
    • Data > Data model > Tables > References (details) > Modify reference
    • Data > Data model > Tables > References (look-ups) > Create look-up reference
    • Data > Data model > Tables > References (look-ups) > Modify reference
    • User interface > Subjects > Links > Details > Create detail reference
    • User interface > Subjects > Links > Look-ups > Create look-up reference
    • Processes > Tasks > Create look-up reference
    • Processes > Tasks > Task look-ups > Create reference
    • Processes > Tasks > Task look-ups > Modify reference
    • Processes > Reports > Create look-up reference
    • Processes > Reports > Report look-ups > Create reference
    • Processes > Reports > Report look-ups > Modify reference

OpenNext release

Next releaseCompleted