Add a cancel button to select model popup when starting the SF

Related products: Software Factory

When starting the SF you get a popup to select a branch. However, when starting a new project I just want to press cancel and create a new Model. So please add a cancel button to this popup. 

Hi Erwin, 

We made the conscious decision to disable the cancel button. When no model/branch is chosen, screens that are part of a branch are left empty as the context of a model/branch is missing. To ensure this cannot happen, the cancel button had been hidden.

It does not occur often that a new model is created, but in your position as Support Engineer you of course do this more often. I'll Open the idea for gathering votes to see the interest in this idea.

NewOpen

Instead of adding the cancel button, perhaps just adding the option to create a new project and use a flow to guide you to the right place to do this. Basically you work in a exiting project or you want to create a new one.. 

@Freddy  that would be even better!

I was just training a couple of colleagues and I am really looking into ways to simplify and guide the creation of a simple Application for first-time users. 

Step 1 in that process is the Create model task which is now hidden in Model overview. So I do like the idea of @Freddy very much, basically another button in the Switch branch task that starts the Create model task!

@Mark Jongeling Now, could we make this Process Flow a bit smarter and start the Create model task if no active Model / Branch is available (for the user) at all?

@Mark Jongeling one addition: the Cancel button in the Create model task could then re-open the Switch branch task if you want to prevent users to open the SF without a selected Model + Branch.

@Mark Jongeling @Erwin Ekkel @Freddy and one slightly related question: is it just us, or is the Branch lookup (and disable prefilter) in the Switch branch task also terribly slow for you guys? 

@Mark Jongeling @Erwin Ekkel @Freddy and one slightly related question: is it just us, or is the Branch lookup (and disable prefilter) in the Switch branch task also terribly slow for you guys? 

Raised ticket 9084S for this part.

Could we make this Process Flow a bit smarter and start the Create model task if no active Model / Branch is available (for the user) at all?

That could certainly be an option, we'll keep that in mind as solution for this idea.

One addition: the Cancel button in the Create model task could then re-open the Switch branch task if you want to prevent users to open the SF without a selected Model + Branch.

For this scenario we could opt to to that yes, will also be taken into consideration when/if this idea is picked up

is it just us, or is the Branch lookup (and disable prefilter) in the Switch branch task also terribly slow for you guys? 

Performance can be different from environment to environment of course. A tsf_optimize can certainly help with that. For myself, I don't experience it as slow as you noted in the ticket (1500ms). We'll continue the conversation in there.