Context menu (Right-click) support for Universal GUI

Related products: Universal GUI UX

Being able to right-click on rows would enhance the user experience a lot!
Basically the same idea as what is currently working in the Windows GUI:

We are actually in the process of re-thinking about this. And are currently designing the UI/UX for this. Our intention are to make this available when the user is on a non-touch device. So on the desktop only. And have a touch alternative for this at some time down the path.

We are still setting up all our priorities so I will be somewhat broad. It won't make Q1, but it will be this year. I hope before the summer.

We are actually in the process of re-thinking about this. And are currently designing the UI/UX for this. Our intention are to make this available when the user is on a non-touch device. So on the desktop only. And have a touch alternative for this at some time down the path.

We are still setting up all our priorities so I will be somewhat broad. It won't make Q1, but it will be this year. I hope before the summer.

A bit curious on why not release it on all device? I guess a right-click component in a web-environment is sort of a modal-popup..  That you could activate with right click (mouse), right slide (touch) or even key-combination. 

Because I especially see advantages on touch devices to give cleaner access to more functionality because of the limited screen-size. 

NewOpen

We are currently designing a solution.

OpenPlanned

@Bart Metselaar,

I hope you will consider to enable the possibility to assign table tasks to the context menu in the card list too. 

Including build-in row functions like, Delete, Edit, Copy 

@Harm Horstman we certainly did. I seem to have overlooked your response, sorry for the late reply!

This is an example of the context menu design, openend on a screen from the Insights example application → Emails menu. The screen shows a grid, so not a cardlist, but the feature stays the same.

In this example we see filters, CRUD actions and tasks.

@Bart Metselaar,

Great, that looks promising!

I hope you can also find a way to activate context menu’s on a touch screen device.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.