Use icon-repository in templates

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI Indicium Service Tier

The SF has a nice icon repository and I would like to use it in templates for expression fields or views.  Like a standard function that will get the icon from the repository. Now we have to create a second repository to dynamically fetch icons, whereas the icon repository is not available (like translations) in the end product. 

Would be great if icons, translations and more could be accessible via a view or pseudo table in the end-product. 

Hey Freddy,

Do you mean this as a more generic way of using model-data/object in product-specific solutions? 

Psuedo code:

-- Get icon
select dbo.tsf_get_icon_data('customer.svg')
select dbo.tsf_get_transl_plural('customer_address')

-- or in procedure style
exec tsf_get_icon_data 'customer.svg'
exec tsf_get_transl_plural'customer_address'

Not sure if this is technically feasible but I can understand the benefit of this. Maybe another way would be to have a more easy way of creating a function table or view that supplies this model data in your product database rather than having to manually create it.

NewNeeds feedback

Hey Freddy,

Do you mean this as a more generic way of using model-data/object in product-specific solutions? 

Psuedo code:

-- Get icon
select dbo.tsf_get_icon_data('customer.svg')
select dbo.tsf_get_transl_plural('customer_address')

-- or in procedure style
exec tsf_get_icon_data 'customer.svg'
exec tsf_get_transl_plural'customer_address'

Not sure if this is technically feasible but I can understand the benefit of this. Maybe another way would be to have a more easy way of creating a function table or view that supplies this model data in your product database rather than having to manually create it.

I would prefer a function style approach, and probably a TVF or view because of performance reasons. 

Needs feedbackOpen