Procesflow change filter/ prefilters with open as floating document not working

Related products: Universal GUI

Hey all,

i have a procesflow that opens a document which then uses change filter/ prefilters to filter on a specific id, however it does not work if i have the option open as floating document set to Yes. When i don’t open it as a floating document it does work. Btw this only happens in universal

Is this a bug?

This sounds like a bug. Can you report this as a ticket in tcp, and please add clear steps to recreate. 

For some reason this is per design… See Release notes Universal GUI 2023.2.12 | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

@Timothy Mentowidjojo raising a TCP is a good idea by the way, as not being able to perform Process Actions in a Floating document is a huge disadvantage!

Technically we open up a 2nd instance of the GUI. So taking the same processflow with us with the state it had is not an option. 

One of the options to solve this would be a new trigger to start a new processflow inside the floating document. That is indeed parked in the first iterations.

I would like to suggest to turn this question into a community idea for now.

NewOpen

Has a TCP ticket been terminated for this and what is its status? I'm currently experiencing the same problem. :( 

You can see the status of this on top of this topic. This is not changed.

In the meanwhile there is a workaround of this. Platform version 2024.1 offers a new way of opening a document as a modal popup. This popup blocks the interface and will continue your processflow. 
https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/process_flows_actions#open-document

You can use this in combination of Universal GUI version 2024.1.11 and up.