The branch diagram display does not scale properly when the branch name is too large

Related products: Software Factory

It would be better if the diagram scaled with it. If this is not technically feasible, an alternative would be to use a tooltip function with the mouseover to display the full name.

Unreadable branch name

💡If this is not technically feasible either, a possible solution could be to use a branch alias with an E.g. nvarchar(8) that is used in the branch diagram as a representation.

Hi Dennis,

We actually will introduce a couple of settings for the branch diagram with the upcoming release. One of these settings will be the distance between nodes. This can help with long model version names.

However, due to the quite complex way this diagram is generated, it is not as straightforward as making one node a bit wider than another. So we would have to look into basing all node distances and path lines on the width of the node’s text; which is quite a task. Nevertheless, I can understand the wish and would make the diagram more compact. 

NewOpen

Hi @Dennis van Leeuwen,

I can show you a (concept, no rights can be reserved, etc 😁) release note of what the 2023.3 will bring:

Please let me know if you think this will suffice to complete this idea.

Hi @Jeroen van den Belt

The release notes are promising and could indeed solve the reported problem.

I will probably move to the 2023.3 this year though so will provide some final feedback on the platform then.

Good to hear. In that case we will close this idea for now. If you have additional feedback or wishes, you can let us know in this topic or create a new idea.

OpenCompleted