Support for a set of CSS settings

Related products: Universal GUI

After Tuesday's session around CSS, it became clear to me that there are quite a lot of items in the Universal UI that can be styled. 

Currently any set up CSS could break after a new release of the Universal UI. For most of the style able items this is to be expected. 

However, it would be great of Thinkwise could (temporary) support a default set of custom CSS items. For example, the form group header font and coloring. This support can be dropped when these setting become available in the Software Factory.

This support could even be as simple as just mentioning in the release notes that previous set up custom CSS for this item will break in the release.

We've documented a couple of examples on this page:
https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/themes#css-classes-in-the-universal-gui

We already do updates on changed classes in the release notes. Although it is not fully predictable whether our 3rd party component suppliers change their classes of structure of HTML elements.

Like Tim mentioned the best way to keep the custom CSS free from maintenance is to base your selectors on test-IDs and our suggested classes in the documentation.

We don't see any further action on this idea, so I would suggest closing it.

We've documented a couple of examples on this page:
https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/themes#css-classes-in-the-universal-gui

We already do updates on changed classes in the release notes. Although it is not fully predictable whether our 3rd party component suppliers change their classes of structure of HTML elements.

Like Tim mentioned the best way to keep the custom CSS free from maintenance is to base your selectors on test-IDs and our suggested classes in the documentation.

We don't see any further action on this idea, so I would suggest closing it.

Erik,

Thank you for sharing this docs page. I was not aware of it’s existence. It is ok to close this ticket and mark it as solved/implemented. 

NewClosed