Execute control procedure from process flow step screen

Related products: Software Factory

During the construction of a process flow, process steps must be adjusted regularly. If you already have code attached to these steps, you will often see that the GUI generates an error message because the parameters for the process procedures have to be generated again. If that is the case, we need to look at that process step to see which process procedure is attached to it, then look it up in control procedures and re-generate the code groups and execute the generated code. 

It would be nice to be able to do this directly from a process step, so we don't forget these actions and run into frustrating errors in the gui. In addition, it would also be nice to be able to do this from the process parameter (or process flow/design) screen, so that when a new process variable is created, the code from all steps in the process flow can also be easily re-generated and executed. 

I understand that the above solution might be a bit short-sighted or that there is a solution that fits a bit better and I would love to hear it! But I think it is clear what irritations I am trying to expose.

Hi Bram,

We have made it possible in the 2023.2 version to jump from Process flow/action to the Code overview. This will allow you to Generate and execute program objects. With the improvement that headers of these program objects are also regenerated, it will most likely suffice for your situation. From the Code overview screen, it's also possible to jump to the Functionality screen to alter the template code.

More on it here: Jump between SF screens | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Sounds great! And when can we expect this release? Is there also a roadmap somewhere that shows what other features we can expect in the 2023.2 release? I’ve checked the roadmaps section, but i cant find anything for 2023.2...

Sounds great! And when can we expect this release? Is there also a roadmap somewhere that shows what other features we can expect in the 2023.2 release? I’ve checked the roadmaps section, but i cant find anything for 2023.2...

We are putting in the final touches and testing the release ourselves now, and will be tested internally in June. The intention is to release the 2023.2 in July. There is no roadmap topic here on the Community, but during the Release event 2023.1 a roadmap has been presented.

Okay and is there any other place where i can find this roadmap?

It looks like there's no recording available through our main website. Another member of the Community has posted a similar question here: Release Plan 2023.1 (thinkwisesoftware.com)

I'll see what we can do 😄

Next releaseCompleted