Fit images to page in Previewer

Related products: Universal GUI

In Universal images are fit by width in the previewer, why is that?

Can this be changed so that the whole picture is always visible? 

The control type of the domain of the field in the table we use as data source is 'File Upload’

Or are there any plans to add a toolbar in the previewer like we had in the Windows and Web GUI?

Since this is by design we converted your topic to an idea to gather votes for this to be implemented. 

NewOpen

It would be helpful if this is configurable per image or per domain since it could be useful to have/keep the current settings.

@Kasper Reijnders Agreed! I would never want this for PDF files for instance. 

@Harm Horstman I don't like a lot of whitespace on my screen, so for images we tend to play with the Screen Type to make it fit properly and/or set requirements to image sizes. 

For which Use Cases would you like your suggested behavior?

Hi @Kasper Reijnders  / @Arie V  ,

I think there are many different applications are possible. We currently use the previewer mainly for displaying photos. Our end users need to see the full picture of both portrait and landscape photos. White edges are not a big problem in this case..

I can well imagine that for text documents (pdf, doc, msg) it is better to fit by width.

In addition, it depends on whether you use the application on a desktop PC or on a mobile device.

That is why I think that a toolbar is desirable, as is now also available in the Windows and WebGUI. The toolbar doesn't have to be that extensive, but at least it should be possible to zoom and rotate the images left or right and select the desired fit.

An image gallery like the idea below would also be a very useful addition for us. Then we can make it easier for users to navigate through visual data.

Idea: https://community.thinkwisesoftware.com/ideas/image-document-gallery-3722 

@Harm Horstman A toolbar would be a great addon to the preview component, with at least options to go full-screen, download and size its content.