Option to disable update existing records in import

Related products: Universal GUI

We would like to have a little more influence on the import actions. The import now follows the allowed actions. What means that if you cannot insert it will only update and if you cannot update it will only insert. I would like to be able to have a custom setting for the import.

For example we have a page where the individual records may be edited, in the form. But new records are mostly imported via the import function. Sometimes people accidentally do an export and copy some records but they forget to remove the id. What happens then is that the record that should have been added gets updated instead. (completely logical since it is using that key) To avoid this we would like to disable the update existing rows functionality for imports.

Updated idea statusNewMerged
Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.

Hi @Mark Jongeling 

Can you point me in a direction to force the user only to insert records using the Import functionality. For now (Universal GUI 2023.3.12) it is not possible to disable the insert/update options.

By using the handler logic we've managed to force inserts only, but i want to prevent the user from selecting the second and third option