Self reference excluding

Related products: Software Factory Indicium Service Tier

I would like to see an easy way to exclude a row you are editing form a self reference.

As example. 

You have an employee called Maarten.
And there is a self reference on the table employee to assign employees as manager of an employee.

While i am editing the employee Maarten i would not want to see an option in the look up to set Maarten himself as his own manager. 

I have asked around for solutions but those include things like just make a separate view for it which in my opinion to much for something so small. Also this is not a verry low code solution. 

An idea i had is to able to see the difference in the table you are editing also known as the T1 table used in many prefilters. But that you would also be able to pull apart the row you are editing at that time as a sort of T2 maybe. 

I would like to hear other people's opinions/ solutions for this. 

NewOpen

Good idea - it would likely be implemented as an extra option on the look-up reference and would be an extra filter on the data when opening the look-up pop-up or populating a combobox or suggestion control.

Note that this would prevent direct recursion but it would not prevent indirect recursion. For instance, it would not remove employees from the look-up set that have you configured as manager, directly or indirectly.