Separate color for detail tiles

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI

Often I have white tiles in my application, because my backplate has a lot of color. But I want to use detail tiles in my (mostly) white screens, but detail tiles have the same color as regular tiles.

I'd like to be able to set a divergent color for detail tiles.
Hi Job,

Right now the icon is stretched out over the whole detail tile, so you could put a background colour on the icon.

We don't recommend to use this in the icon and we are thinking about a better solution to configure tile colours.

Regards, Erik
Hi Erik,

I'm sure that's possible, but I tried to get a svg icon the exact right size for the tile but that is quite difficult. So I use a .png for the tiles instead. Also, I think it would be more user friendly to be able to change detail tile colors.
Hi Jop,

You are not the first person to ask for this feature. We've already explored the possibilities of incorporating this into the model. Some developers would also like to change the color of a tile dynamically based on logic.

Our conclusion was that the most elegant way to do this is by extending badge logic to be able to return a color. Or rather, the badge logic would be able to return a state id that corresponds to a text color and background color defined in the model (e.g. warning_low_stock or approval_pending).

The colors of the state chosen by the badge logic would be applied to the badge itself in list bar menus and tree menus. Ideally, badges on detail tabs would also be restyled to be able to support coloring. When it comes to tiles, the colors would determine the (detail) tile text color and background color.

How do you feel about this solution?
Hi Anne,

That would be great! How about the tile icon? Does the GUI alter the icon color as well or is this something the developer should keep in mind?
Good point. I suppose we can facilitate this when colorless SVG's are used. It would make sense for the tile icon to use the same color as the text.

When the background changes to black and the text changes to white, the tile icon would also change to white.
Yes that would make sense, I'm looking forward to this feature!