Hello everyone, this sprint we've added some features we think you'll like, for example default editable, autosave and editable lookup controls in the grid.
Besides that, we've also solved quite a few bugs.
In case you've missed it, we've added a few things in an extra release last sprint:
- TSFSendMessage now also works for requests that weren't successful.
- Details are now loading properly after the user logs out and logs in again.
Read the previous blog if you want to know more about these points.
We'll keep you updated regularly about Universal's progress.
Universal version 1.4
Like with every blog, we've released a version so you can test Universal out for yourself. Don't forget the documentation and be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Edge has been updated to use Chromium, which greatly changes the way it works under the hood. We now also recommend this browser to be used for Universal.
- Universal must be deployed on the same server as Indicium or it should be an allowed origin in appsettings.json.
- Universal only works with version 2019.1 and up of the Thinkwise Platform.
- Furthermore, make sure you run all hotfixes on the IAM and SF that you plan to use for Universal.
- Make sure you are on the latest version of Indicium Universal.
Autosave and default edit mode
This sprint we've implemented autosave and default edit mode. While these are awesome features on their own, they become truly powerful together. That's why we've decided to implement them together.
In short, autosave and default editable enable you to edit your data any time, you do not have to worry about pressing edit or save and you can change records when you want.
Autosave and default editable work a bit differently from other GUI's. The entire subject goes into edit mode and both the grid and the form listen to this. If you enabled autosave/default edit mode in either the grid or the form, both will have them enabled
When you enable default edit mode, Universal will also enable autosave. Default edit mode needs to be enable to edit multiple records one after the other.
Later we'll add a button so the user can enable default edit mode temporarily.
This is what it looks like:
Grid edit mode lookup control
We've implemented the lookup control for grid edit mode. You can now open the lookup popup right from the grid.
This is what it looks like:
You can now hide the search bar in the menu by disabling
showFilter in the menu. This has been a much-requested feature:
In the past three weeks we've added another
36 unit test cases to the components and inner workings of Universal. This brings us up to
1670 test cases in total.
Lots of minor fixes/tasks
- Tasks can now be executed normally again after cancelling the popup
- Fixed bug where the popup for installing Universal didn't show up
- Fixed a bug where some SVG images wouldn't show up in detail tiles
- Fixed a bug where detail data was shown incorrectly without a parent
- Fixed a bug where details would get out of sync when moving quickly through rows in the grid
- Fixed the suggestion control showing
No resultwhen opened
- Fixed 'execute' translation on task popup and 'select' translation on lookup popup
- The text of the DateTime control is now correctly shown in Firefox
- The sort order is now kept intact when going into edit mode
- Fixed a bug where the grid rows would become bigger if there was an error in the form
- You can now sort on cube field
- Removed unused count statement from lookup queries
- Fixed security issues in our third party packages
What we'll be working on next sprint
The next sprint we'll be working on process flows mostly:
- Adding some start actions for process flow (those indicate when a flow should start, like open document or after executing a task)
- Adding some suggested actions for process flows (those indicate what should happen in the flow, like refresh the document or show a task dialog)
- Multirow selection in the grid
- Tackling some bugs