Skip to main content
Solved

Merging gives error on "ref_col_role_col"

• 11 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

When I try to merge a branch back into our MAIN branch I encounter the following error:

Just before I did the actual merge, I did a merge from MAIN into the branch I am working on to apply some changed that had been done. This merge, apart from some branch related merge conflicts, went just fine. But when I try to merge back to MAIN, I get this error. And I had the exact same merge conflicts I had a bit earlier. The conflicts were resolved the same way: the development branch was the leading branch for these conflicts. But each time I get an error on a reference regrading column roles. We have a suspicion it might be a recently deleted column, but that column cannot be found in any recent branch.

What could be going wrong?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Sander,

What conflict resolvement did you choose that may have impacted this reference? We were notified of a specific scenario that may be the cause this issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Mark,

I chose to use "use branch actions” (or it was called something like that, at least the branch actions). Because I wanted all branch actions to be the leading factor in this merge. As the merge conflicts only appeared on the tables, translations and code I edited for this specific issue I was tackling, so the branch was the truth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Sander, 

This indeed looks to be the issue I was referring to. For now you can choose the "Carry out origin/branch action with dependent branch/origin actions”. That will ensure the dependencies are correctly merged.

I will make sure this reaches our sprint to resolve urgently. 

To conclude, which Platform version are you running on?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Mark,

We are on Platform version 2024.1

I shall use the merge action you suggest, as the merge conflicts will reappear when I try to do the merge all over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Sander, on second thought I'm not entirely sure it is the same issue. Could you report a ticket for your situation and attach a SF backup? That way we may be able to find out what the issue was and if this is indeed resolved. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Mark,

I will create a ticket, but the merge was already successful after selecting the merge strategy you suggested. So I hope you can still find the data you are after.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great to hear! No worries, we can roll back your merge session and also examing the conflicts and action that took place. Thanks!