Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

We have a table called work order, this work order table has a variant for the unplanned work orders. These unplanned work orders need to be planned. For this we wanted a scheduler and drag and drop functionality.

As a test I first made the task that plans an unplanned work order. The screen build up is as follows: on the right hand side I have a scheduler with the original table as it automatically filters on planned work orders. On the left hand side I have a table variant for the unplanned work orders.

When I use a conventional task with two fields for start and end date, it nicely plans the work order I ask it to be planned. The work order disappears from the unplanned list, and appears on the scheduler. This works fine, but I want it to work with drag and drop (and the task is necessary).

When I drag and drop an item on the scheduler, it opens the task (as dropping on specific dates is not possible). I fill in the task fields and hit execute. When I hit execute, it will replan the selected field in the scheduler, and not the unplanned work order I just dragged onto the scheduler. 

So I tried to pass the work_order_id of a work order as a value to the task. And it seems this is not possible via drag and drop, as it happens on the same table (albeit a variant of the table work order to the original work order table). It can only check whether the work_order_id is equal to whatever is selected, and this will never be the case, as the work order is unplanned, and not yet visible on the scheduler.

Is there a way to pass this ID field as a value to another variant of the same table (so the task knows what unplanned work order needs to be planned)?

Hello @SanderAdam ,

Considering that your list of unplanned work order is your source table, and your scheduler is your target table I would expect your set-up to look somewhat like this:

Drag-drop link:

• Source tab: unplanned work orders
  • Target tab: scheduled work order
  • Drag-drop task: the task that plans your work order

Drag-drop parameters:

• work_order_id with behavior pass as value
  • any other parameters that are part of the PK could be drag-drop parameters with behavior check for equality, but it’s tough to assess this with the provided information.

In the detail tab Drag-drop interaction you could potentially enable or disable the drag-drop interaction for specific variants of either the source or the target table.

You might also want to check how your table task parameters are linked to the table's columns. The PK columns should be connected as table task parameters, but your work_order_id should not, since this is the value you want to pass along when drag-dropping. I suspect that this is where the root of your issue currently can be found.

Hope this helps!

If it doesn't, could you share some additional screenshots of your set-up so we can have a look?

Kind regards,

Renée

Hi Renée, 

Thank you for your tips. I still attached the parameter work_order_id to the table task, thus it would check for equality. Now I removed the table task parameter and it will pass the unplanned work_order_id as the value it needs to have. Then it will properly plan the work orders. Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Kind regards,
Sander Adam