Windows GUI running tasks pop-up

• 20 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

​​​​​Running tasks menu screen

When you run a task in the background, the GUI comes with the running tasks pop-up window. This is very annoying for the users. This change seems to happen from 2020.2.10 and higher versions. How can this be turned off?

I tried different GUI-versions, right now we are using the newest available GUI (2020.2.15).  

Dennis van Leeuwen 3 years ago

The solution is there 😃

Add the property "HideAsyncTaskPopup" with the value "true” in IAM Global configurations > Extended properties. 

Hide task pop-up

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Can someone tell me or this is a bug, a configuration in the SF or a new desired behavior of the GUI? I hope it's not the last one because many of our users complain about this pop-up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Dennis, 

This is a feature but I'm unsure if it has a way to be turned off. I don’t see an extended property for it in the documentation. Feel free to submit an idea :wink:

When a task is set with Await result = no (background task), the Running tasks panel will open upon running. If undesired, the setting should be changed.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

You can tell windows not to show popups (of certain applications) within the “Manage notifications” setting. But that would be just for that single user and not manageable from outside the client. I know with certain clients configurations (ie RDS on 2012 server from within Citrix) will stop the RDS session from responding - which is a windows bug, but nevertheless annoying...

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hey Dennis, 

This is a feature but I'm unsure if it has a way to be turned off. I don’t see an extended property for it in the documentation. Feel free to submit an idea :wink:

When a task is set with Await result = no (background task), the Running tasks panel will open upon running. If undesired, the setting should be changed.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

I submitted the idea on the platform to make this option configurable. However, this doesn't alter the fact that as long as this idea is not implemented, users will receive this pop-up continuously. Can it be considered to remove this feature in a new Windows GUI release? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think an extended property should be able to turn it off when it's undesired to have the Running tasks panel to pop up. Fastest way of getting a change is through reporting it in TCP I think.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

We are using the newest Windows GUI (2021.1.13) but it's behaviour is still the same. We also develop in the newest SF version (2021.1) but the user interface options for Await result are still the same. 6 months ago I posted an idea: Running background tasks without tasks panel hopefully there will be a solutions soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The solution is there :D! 

Add the property "HideAsyncTaskPopup" with the value "true” in IAM Global configurations > Extended properties. 

Hide task pop-up